Tuesday, May 01, 2018

May 1: Garden Hostas


It’s been a month of green and growth in the hosta beds, if not always accompanied by warm days.  The sturdy green shoots began to emerge in the middle of April and today there are promising signs of lush green plants that get larger each day.  The bed along the garage gets the most sun, and these plants are looking splendid.


More hostas grow in the backyard next to the deck.  They are coming along nicely.


The front yard flowerbed is also looking lovely.



There are hostas in my garden patch and they’ve flourished and multiplied in this shade, some growing around the corner of the garage.  This week, the hidden hostas will be transplanted to the other side of the house so that I can admire them.  


There is sun in the forecast for today and the remainder of the week and if I had the time, I expect I could simply sit outside and watch the hostas grow.  Spring, I am charmed.

No comments: