Friday, June 01, 2018

June 1: Garden Hostas


May was a busy month of blooms, thanks to abundant sunlight and rain.   My hosta beds rather led the way.   In the front yard, the addition of these elephant-leafed variegated hostas has been a treat.  They remind me of some hostas I saw in Sweden in 2014 and I admire them every morning.





This flowerbed has been a two year project and I am delighted by it every day.


In the backyard, the hostas along the garage have filled in the flower bed in which they rest quietly all Winter.


By the back deck, there are more hostas.  


I transplanted some hostas to this line along the west edge of my house.  The bed needs some mulch but is otherwise growing quite nicely.


Perhaps this more mature assortment also alongside the house provided inspiration?


I first began to admire hostas when I lived in Nashville.  To have so many of my own is a treat I never grow tired of enjoying.  That’s happy!

No comments: