Monday, June 04, 2018

The Final Bullpen


Every Sunday evening , I set out the clothes I will wear for the week.  During the weekend, I do laundry and otherwise get everything prepared for the coming week.  Then, on Sunday night, I iron and hang the week’s clothes on the door of my closet.  I call the assortment my bullpen and I organize it to make my weekday mornings less chaotic.  As the week unfolds, the bullpen empties.  Then, Friday morning arrives and I put on the last of the week’s clothes, mentally celebrating the weekend that’s now at hand.

This practice has been my habit for as long as I’ve had a 9-5 job.  I like the organization and comfort of the routine.  And I especially love the last bullpen of the school year, which signifies that summer relaxation is at hand.  Strictly speaking, because of my assistant principal gig, I still work in the summer months.  But it’s a relaxed flip flop-wearing dress code and I do not iron summer clothes.  

The last bullpen of the school year was made ready last night.  



The iron is put away for the coming months and my toes are getting ready for the flip flop days to come.  That’s happy!

No comments: