Saturday, September 22, 2018

Quote of the Month: September


The backstory:  The door that leads to the basement steps in my house has an old-fashioned chalkboard installed on it.  Earlier this year, I decided it would be nice to use that chalkboard.  For a while, I had a countdown to the start of Spring.  Then I found some quotes to write on the board and that habit seems to have stuck.  The quotes have varied; some are inspirational and some are just cheerful.  


This month, I used a Frederick Douglass quote from a postcard that T gave me.  The postcard is on my bulletin board at school and I thought a second version at home was a good September reminder.  It’s appropriate not just for the start of the school but also as a reminder of my obligations in the current political climate.  When I see it each day, it reminds me how I want our world to be and what I can do to make that happen.



No comments: