Friday, September 21, 2018

Zinnias



This weekend is the official start of Autumn and though there seems to be enough warm weather on tap to keep me in zinnia bouquet for a few more weeks, it’s a nice time to celebrate the flowers I have enjoyed this year.


I love zinnias and have been growing them for year.  Every Monday, I pick myself a fresh bouquet for the week.


Zinnias are simple and rather old-fashioned, part of their appeal to me.


They like sunlight and they tolerate heat.  I’m careful to water and fertilize them and for their part, they bloom and bloom and bloom.


Zinnias on the table feels like a cheerful treat and I look forward to the zinnia season all year.  There are dozens of varieties from which to choose and I enjoy collecting seed packets in preparation for each Spring's planting.


That’s happy!



No comments: