Thursday, October 11, 2018

Throwback Year 8


By the time he was 8, JT was a charming companion.  He loved visits with his grandparents.


His devotion to baseball had taken hold by then, and he watched games and then called his grandfather to discuss their beloved St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants.  In the summer of 2008, he talked his grandfather into taking him to a game played.


He’d come home from school and get started on his homework while I worked out or made supper.


He was always up for an adventure, including pumpkin carving.


And snowball fights.


I’m in Massachusetts this week, hanging out with my school’s sixth graders at The Farm School.  This afternoon, I’ll visit JT at college.  I’ll take him shopping to stock up on Cliff Bars and snacks, take him to supper, and catch up on life in college.  Chances seem good that I will also marvel at the quick passing of time.  I’m sure that he’s be a pleasing companion.  He has been for years.



No comments: