Thursday, October 18, 2018

Throwback Year 9



At the age of 9, JT was in 3rd and 4th grade.  I loved this age because there was enough maturity to make for some interesting conversations and enough of a boy to make life a persistent adventure.  We played a lot of baseball that year and watched even more.


I thought of this earlier in the week, when 18 year old JT acknowledged that he would need a coat for the coming Winter in Massachusetts.  Age 9 JT disliked wearing a coat and only did so when there was enough snow to warrant such insulation.



For Halloween that year, JT organized Grandma to make him a Scottish kilt, complete with 18th century men’s blouse and a tam o’shanter-style hat.  He felt quite fancy and was so very pleased with the costume.


These days, I plan my own Halloween costume and look forward to handing out candy to the neighborhood trick-or-treaters.  It’s fun, though not quite the same level of excitement as having my own trick-or-treater.  

No comments: