Saturday, December 08, 2018

December Front Porch



After the squirrel feeding frenzy that was the November front porch, December is a snack-free porch zone.  Instead, there is greenery, pinecones, and lights.


My town loves holiday lights and come December the homes are lit up in celebration.  Twilight arrives early in December and the lights are a cheerful welcome as I drive home in the fading light.  My porch has a string of Edison lights on a timer so that the twilight on the porch is less dark


My home welcomes me inside with the smell of evergreen.


So far, December has been cold.  There hasn’t been snow but were it to fall, it would certainly stick.  This weekend I will decorate the Christmas tree and put up the decorations in the house.  The porch is the advance guard in my celebration and that’s quite happy!



No comments: