Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Can Feel the Quiet Coming


My Christmas gift shopping is complete and all that remains on that front is some wrapping, which I enjoy.  Yesterday, I picked up our Christmas ham with nary a difficulty, something of a holiday miracle.  This morning has been given over to collecting the groceries to make our meals for the week.  This list has been made and I’ve already been in (and out) of Costco.  Shortly, I’ll head out to my local grocery store.  It will be insanely crowded, as it always is on Saturday.  With any luck, my patience will hold out.

I enjoy the bustle of getting ready for holiday celebrations.   I feel the same about holiday cooking, which is one of the best parts of the season for me now that there is no child for whom I may play Santa.  I’m not one to regret the growing up of my child but I really miss being Santa.  There is still excitement on Christmas morning, but it’s not the same without that magic.  

I’m at the start of a two week break that is much-needed.  To get the busy shopping chores out of the way will set me up for some extended relaxation, with holiday lights and homemade meals alongside T and JT.  We’ll read, nap on the sofa, play some games, and otherwise enjoy the delicious quiet that follows on the heels of all the bustle.

No comments: