Friday, February 01, 2019

February 1: Fairy Garden


I’d like to write that I stood outside this morning and carefully made a picture of the fairy garden spot while it continues its Winter rest.  But it was 7 degrees at dawn today and while that is admittedly warmer than yesterday’s 2 degrees at sunrise, I wasn’t feeling brave enough to snap the perfect photo.  We’re at the point of Winter where I pile on a scarf, hat, and thick mittens before I brave the outdoors.   So I snapped a quick pic from the back deck and then quickly scampered back inside the warm house.


The fairies are plenty glad to be in warmer climes as we enter Winter’s last full month.  It will be a while before this patch of the garden will warm up enough to receive them.  In the meantime, the bird feeder has been a pleasing addition, as much for the amusement of watching the squirrels attempt to dine there as for the birds (especially the neighborhood cardinals) who sometimes show up.  The days are steadily getting longer; sunlight is forecast for today; the weekend promises a temperature just over freezing.  I’ll take it!

No comments: