Thursday, May 09, 2019

May Front Porch update


May is the month that fills the front porch with flowers and plants.  Because I don’t bring out plants until the nights will be warm enough to keep us from a freeze, it takes a few weeks to get everything settled.  Some new plants and flowers have been added to the front porch just in time for Mother’s Day.  That’s fitting because most of these flowers were Mother’s Day treats from T and JT.  There are flower baskets hanging from the front porch hooks.


 This planter has pink begonias to welcome us home each day.


The planter beside the front door has pink impatiens and the front door has its striped wreath is in place.


My peace lily has also grown and been transplanted to a roomier pot .  Now it will spend the warm months outside.  The giant polka dot cup has a pothos that is a transplant from a smaller pot. It will flourish in the outdoor warmth.  I could easily become a crazy plant lady but I restrain myself, lest we be overrun by the plants.


The days are becoming warm enough to sit outside on the porch.  Last night, after I finished cleaning out the closet in T’s new office, I sat outside for a bit to enjoy the night.  



The front porch lights had come on and as the evening’s quiet settled it was peaceful and lovely.  I spend hours outside on this porch in the Summer months, reading books and generally soaking in the relaxation.  It’s one of my favorite places in the world.  That’s happy!


No comments: