Saturday, May 18, 2019

My Front Porch Sweet Spot


The last of the indoor plants came outside this week and the porch is now the happy verdant place that looks like Summer is just around the corner.  Summer spells time off, relaxation, gardening, eating outside, extra time to read, mild evenings, lightening bugs……..I could go on and on.


Between me and those lovely days are the last three weeks of school.  These days are always busy, always filled with frantic energy and exhaustive to-do lists.  I wake up with a list of tasks that must be completed and at the end of the day, I struggle to turn off my whirring brain.  But for all of that, the remedy is my front porch.


As I head into the end of the school year, the porch spells serenity for me.  I’ll have my first cup of morning coffee out here each morning; I’ll take time to sit here with a book and iced tea when I get home from work.  I’ll water the flowers and plants and enjoy the blooms while I daydream about the quiet relaxation that is just around the corner.


That’s happy!


No comments: