Monday, June 24, 2019

Garden Season


Summer has officially begun and right on schedule, tomatoes are blooming in my garden.  


The zinnia seedlings are coming along nicely.


The front yard hosta bed is lush and green, with blooms sustained by all the rain we’ve had this month.  


I can spy this garden from the front porch where I sit and sip my morning coffee and it always makes me smile.


The peach tree has served as a a handy squirrel snack bar but plenty of peaches remain on its limbs, ripening for later this summer.



At twilight, the lightening bugs in the backyard twinkle on and off against the green.  No matter how long I look at them, their glow always seems magical.  There is beauty in abundance as June prepares to slip into July and I am happy to soak it all up.

No comments: