Monday, July 01, 2019

July 1: Fairy Garden



The current dry air not withstanding, the last few weeks have brought on the warm and increasingly humid weather that fireflies enjoy.  Come the early evening hours, the fairy garden twinkles with fireflies.  I don’t have the photography skills or equipment to capture what it looks like but it’s magical, all the more so because the firefly season is fleeting.  A fairy garden is a perfect accompaniment for the flashes of light and I enjoy sitting on the back deck to watch my garden light up.


Things are pretty garden in the sunlight as well.


The peach tree branches are full of fruit and though the squirrels are enjoying a healthy share, I’m hopeful there will also be peaches for us to eat.  I’m already planning some homemade peach ice cream.


The arrival of July feels like summer is flying by, a development that is worrying because I have yet to reach my fill of relaxation.  For now, I’m reminding myself to live in the moment and enjoy the relaxed days.



No comments: