Friday, October 18, 2019

Fall Foliage


My school’s campus is located amongst the woods that line the western edge of the Delaware & Raritan Canal and the Raritan River.  Though we are very much in the suburbs, this patch of nature along the waterway is thick and wherever possible, it’s preserved all over the campus.  I’ve seen herons along the pond, deer on the lawns, and there is often a campus hawk patrolling the perimeter.

This beauty is part of my every day and I appreciate it so much.  Earlier this week, I was on campus before sunrise to send off some field trips.  As the sun rose and I waited for the last of the students to arrive on campus for the day’s adventures, I walked alongside the sidewalk outside the Middle School, intent on the quiet and fresh air.  This view is the daily scene outside of my office.  I never tire of it.


From the looks of things, the leaves have just begun to change.  But on the grass, it looks like things are well underway.


I never tire of this view and that’s very happy!

No comments: