Friday, October 04, 2019

Vermont


Last weekend, T and drove north to watch JT run in a race in Williamstown, Massachusetts, a town in the Berkshires just along the Vermont border.  The weather was glorious, JT ran a good race, and I got to visit Vermont.  I'd never been and was excited to cross that state off my bucket list.  As expected, it was lovely.  


In both Vermont and Massachusetts, the leaves were just beginning to turn.  


We went to Bennington Pottery, which I loved.


We stopped at several roadside farm stands.  In New Jersey at this time of year, the farm stands are crowded with families.  In Vermont, there were so many farm stands that none were overwhelmingly busy.  We enjoyed the adventure and scored some squash, as one does.  How could I resist?



One stand had lined up rows and rows of freshly-picked pumpkins along the edge of the woods.  It was tidy and neat.



I love pumpkin season and I was charmed.




My bucket list is now filled with more things to do in the Berkshires and Vermont.  


That's happy!  


No comments: