Tuesday, October 01, 2019

October 1 Fairy Garden


For 2019, I tried a new method for weed control in the Fairy Garden strip along the fence.  It seems pretty clear that it has not been a success as the weeds are in charge.


Part of this garden strip has always been shady and hidden and while I enjoy the secret in the shade, I think it’s fair to say that I like my shade in the form of ivy, hostas and the peach tree, not the weeds.  


October is always the point when the fairies tuck away for the cold, and in the next week I will clean off the houses and store them away for the season.  Come next Spring, I’ll have a better weed-control system in place so that I can once again enjoy the fairy garden.  I’ll daydream and plan all Winter for this transition.  I’ll likely add a few more things for the fairy residents to enjoy.  This planning will keep me happy in the Winter cold and that’s happy.



No comments: