Monday, May 18, 2020

2020 Garden Report: One Week in the Ground

No sooner had I planted this year’s garden than 3 days of frost warnings followed.  JT and T helped me to cover my little plants and they survived the chill quite nicely.  The week ended on a warm note and it feels like some serious growth will shortly follow.


The first month of a newly planted garden is always a waiting season of watering and weeding; watching for roots to take hold and plants to grow.  Gardening is always a lesson in patience, a lesson I dearly need.

Last weekend, I pulled some weeds and checked that everything was getting enough water.  Each sunny afternoon for the next few weeks, I’ve promised myself a walk through the backyard to take a peak at this patch.  I’ll be grateful for the blessings of these little plants making their way toward blooms and produce, the taste of summer in their growth.

No comments: