Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Beauty of Pain Management

On Tuesday, I saw a doctor whose specialty is pain management.  God bless her.  She’s the first medical professional I've seen since this hip journey began who is not just decent instead of being an asshole but went out of her way to be kind and caring while helping me to manage this shit show.  Thanks to her, I’ve been able to get some real rest at night.  We’re working toward a solution to help with pain during the day.  She has an e-mail and actually responds to questions.  She has a plan and a backup plan. 

So I’ve got a start on pain management as I work toward qualifying for surgery.  Thanks to improved pain management, I’ve got enough emotional bandwidth to look for surgeons willing to operate on a fat lady and I've got an appointment on that front.

Progress.

No comments: