Thursday, January 18, 2024

Embracing Barbiecore

There is an inevitable moment in the Winter season when I have had enough of the cold and snow.  When it happens, I turn to pink sweaters to see me through to the day in March when I will pack up my Winter tights and wool sweaters and declare Sassafras Spring.  That moment of Winter weariness came earlier than usual this year - likely because the cold aggravates my already unhappy hip - and last week I began to actively fantasize about Spring.  Usually I get through the last week of February and start of March by wearing cozy pink sweaters.  This year, the pink sweaters will start before Valentine’s Day.  For starters, I’ll be off work for my surgery.  Without the need to appear sensible at school, I can sit around home wearing whatever I damn well please.  And what I please is looking to be a whole lot of pink. 

No comments: