Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Magic 8 Ball Delivers

My office in the Middle School has a Magic 8 Ball, which mostly serves as a source of comic relief.  When a visitor asks about it, I explain that it’s the primary decision-making agent of the Middle School and then we all laugh.  But this '70s era toy brings amusement on the daily and I should show more respect to the Magic 8 Ball.  On Tuesday, thoroughly fed up with my lack of a surgery date, I shook the 8 Ball and asked if the scheduler would call today.  The 8 Ball answered, “It is certain.”  I responded with a smart ass remark and then limped my way to class.  But you know where this story is going...at mid-day, the scheduler called.  She was all business, with pre-op appointments and a surgery date. 

February 14. 

Valentine’s Day has little charm when you are single but you can be damned sure that I will be celebrating this year.  



No comments: