Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Henna Gang

Last week a school, there was a henna artist on campus. I've always admired henna art on other women and so I signed up. In fact, a bunch of women at my school got a bit of the bindi. We're like a henna gang on campus. It looks a lot like a tattoo when the henna is freshly drawn on (though there is no pain involved). Mine wraps around my left wrist.
Five days later, mine still looks great and I have to admit that I like it a great deal. For the first time in my life I can see how people get one tattoo, and then another, and another..........

For now I'm sticking with the henna. But the temptation to do more is great.

3 comments:

JaneDoe, Extraordinaire! said...

Stop by your local Indian market. You can get Henna paste on the cheap there and draw as much fun Henna on yourself as you want. I love decorating myself in the summer months. It's a blast!

Fireblossom said...

How cool. I think they did this in the movie "Chutney Popcorn."

and....I think I'm spozedta say "Shelley sent me."

:-)

Henna Muse said...

Pre-mixed henna paste that comes in tooth-past like tube is full of chemicals. Don't use it. The stuff at the the Indian market may have been sitting there for a long time, in which case you won't get good color. Book store kits have the same problem. You're best bet is to find a repectable henna artists and buy from them. There my be one in your area and they're all over online.

Jen
HennaMuse.com