Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Gym Rats

One of the best things about my visits to California is that my sister hooks me up with gym passes and I get to have workouts at the fancy gyms my family goes to. So instead of an hour on my home elliptical punctuated by snack requests and conversations with the boy, I escape, unsupervised to the big girl gyms.

The end result of this, of course, is that I get a hell of a workout. Today, I climbed on the Precor at Dad's gym and took an hour long cross-training tour. When I got off, my legs were wobbly. When that machine says you'll be climbing up a mountain, it means business.

All of this will no doubt come in handy when the boys and I bike on over to the Sonic drive-in later today. Never before have I worked so hard to earn the right to a colossal cherry limeade.

No comments: