Thursday, August 28, 2008

One More Reason to Love My New Porch

We've had a week of cool evenings and there's just a tiny bite to the air. As JT and I played our round of backyard baseball last night, it was cool enough that I actually wore a long-sleeved t-shirt. I can feel fall around the corner and I want to enjoy the bits of summer that remain. After the game, I took a glass of iced tea and a book to the front porch. That's when I heard the ice cream truck and its magical song.

We haven't seen much of the ice cream truck this summer, but when we heard the song last night we were ready. JT flagged the truck down and a few minutes later we were sitting on the porch with a taste of summer in our hands. We had a nice visit as the twilight came upon us. I guess that summer isn't over yet.

No comments: