Friday, October 30, 2009

Food Friday: Creamed Spinach

I have a great fondness for spinach and earlier this week I wrote about some creamed spinach that I made.  I promised the recipe and here it is.

1 package fresh spinach (I like the baby spinach)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream

salt and pepper to taste

Heat skillet on medium-high heat, melt butter and then saute garlic and onion.  The goal is to soften them up, not to brown them.

Add the spinach and stir well to cover with the butter.  Keep stirring as the spinach wilts; it should take 3-4 minutes.

Wilting looks like this:

And then like this:

When it wilts to your satisfaction, pour in the cream.

Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.  This will provide two servings and it can be doubled; tripled, etc as needed.

Tastes amazing, I promise.

No comments: