Sunday, January 31, 2010

Noted

Midterm exams cut into instructional time this this month.  So I only collected two notable comments.  But what I lack in quantity, I make up for in terms of quality.  The weather may be cold, but my students are still quick to the mark.  Both of these remarks made me laugh out loud. Snorting may have occurred.

From a history discussion of the brief independent republic period of the Lone Star state:
"Texas has a huge advantage over other states: you can buy beer and bullets at the same store."  

I'm not sure that I would call this an advantage, but I do know it to be true.

And in AP Government, as our discussion of the legal right to privacy wound down:
"We were promised sodomy after break."
I hasten to note, they were promised only an explanation of how some states' sodomy laws turned out to violate the Constitution.  And that day, when class ended and the next class (frosh boys) strolled in, I erased the chalkboard with a lightening fast speed.  It seemed for the best.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

That's what I miss about high school: sodomy after break. Oooohhh those were the days.