Sunday, January 03, 2010

Real Life Conversations with JT: New Decade Edition

The backstory:  As the end of the decade approached, JT and I heard a number of news stories about previous transitions to a new decade.  This led him to ask me where I had been in other -9 years. 

Mama:  In 1979, I was only 12 years old and I was living in California.  In 1989, I had graduated college and was living in Nashville, Tennessee.  In 1999, I was living in Nebraska, waiting for you to be born.  And in 2009 I'm living in New Jersey with you.  I have no idea where I will be in 2019.  Where do you think you will be that year?

JT (in an exasperated tone):    Well, I'll be in college, OF COURSE.

So no matter where I am in 2019, I guess I'd better be working, so that I can pay Mr.  Smarty Pants' tuition.

No comments: