Sunday, February 07, 2010

Bookish

I always have a book by my side but lately my reading has increased in volume.  Yesterday, when I took a minute to organize my pile of books-in-progress I noted that the combination is a bit.......well, odd.  Charitably, I could call it diverse.
I'm reading some books for a class I'm taking (topic: democracy....which I'm gathering is an important idea).  At the school library, I grabbed up a book about the plague in Byzantium (wow, those folks could have really benefitted from some hand sanitizer).  The fiction will last all of a week, maybe less if I can score a snow day this week.

No doubt the Amazon computer could work its magic and find out even more books for people with tastes like mine.  But, honestly, that idea scares me. 

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I LOVED Middlesex. I couldn't put it down. I'm reading Deer Hunting With Jesus now.

Shark Butt said...

How about eclectic? Eclectic is a good word. I use it to describe someone very near and dear to my heart who has tattoos and beanie baby flamingos.