Friday, February 19, 2010

A Sign of My Advancing Age

What is the damned deal with snow boarders and the ridiculous outfits they wear?

For one thing, it's impossible for me to take you seriously as an Olympic-level quality athlete if you are wearing blue jeans while you snowboard.  At that point, you transition from high caliber competitive athlete to some dude on a snowboard who is inexplicably on my telly.  Also: why won't you wash and comb your hair?  I am assured by those in the know (e.g. teenagers of my acquaintance) that 1) the blue jeans are actually snowpants which merely look like blue jeans and 2) hair combing is over-rated.  But still.

And while I'm on this rant, I also worry about the giant pants those snowboarders wear.  They are skiing fast and flipping upside down and jumping all around.  I for one am deeply concerned those pants will fall down and they will suffer epic shame when we all see their underwear.

Then I remind myself that 1) they don't care if we see their skivvies and perhaps even hope that we do and 2) they are professionals and probably have pants-fall-down contingency plans (the teenagers experts report that suspenders are at work).

But still, for the sake of my sanity would it kill you kids to pull up your pants and comb your damned hair?

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I totally agree. I said outloud more than once, "How can you snowboard with the crotch of your pants at your knees?" I also said "How can you scoop snow with two-thirds of your ass out of your pants?" while the kid down the street cleared the driveway. Serioulsy, his pants should have fallen down. What the hell was holding them up?

Shark Butt said...

Hope does spring eternal - you really think they're wearing underwear?