Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowy Back Deck

We took a lot of photos of the snow, but none seems to illustrate the volume of snow that fell as well as this set of pictures of some of my favorite things on the back deck.
 I made these two pictures around 3 pm on Wednesday, just as round II of the storm was winding up.
 Two hours later, the pot was more snowbound.
 I snapped this final photo around 8 pm.  The snow fell for a few more inches after that.  The back deck was simply over-flowing with snow.
At some point this summer, when I'm sitting in these Adirondack chairs wearing flip flops and a t-shirt, I plan to pull out this collection of photos and raise a cold beer to the power and beauty of Mother Nature.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Love these and the way they capture the seemingly unending supply of snow that we were treated to... like the summer dreaming, too!