Tuesday, February 01, 2011

February 1: Clematis Vine

It's no secret that it's been a cold, snowy winter.  Certainly the coldest and snowiest I've experienced since I moved to New Jersey.  The clematis vine has been hidden under a blanket of snow since just after Christmas.  This morning's photo is blurred by the sleet falling as I was outside making the picture.  And if today's weather forecast is any indication, it will be wearing snow and ice for some time to come.
Even so, there are some hopeful signs that winter can't last forever.  The days are getting longer and the garden catalogs make a nice solid pile by the side of my bed.  I've placed my spring seed order.  I've a feeling that this is going to be the sort of winter where the snow fades to reveal bright green grass.

I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: