Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tulip Wednesday

I've spent the better part of the last few days fretting about my car, sequestered as it is in the mechanic's shop while I begged rides off of my very kind-hearted friends.  My spare time was devoted to worrying about the water which arrived in the basement when 4 inches of rain fell in less than 12 hours.  Add to that my usual anxieties and 3 days without working out and I think you get the picture: Crazy, party of 1.

This afternoon, the mechanic finally figured out the problem. The car will be fixed and ready tomorrow.  Soon after that, the sun came out (it may be coincidence, but I'll take it).  Supper was served in the sunshine on the warm back deck.  The bulbs in my shaded front yard got in on the happy warmth and the result is a lovely mid-week treat of blooming daffodil loveliness.
The hostas are joining in.
And the tulips are coming along nicely.
Ahhhh, spring.  You always manage to be well worth the wait.

No comments: