Wednesday, June 01, 2016

In the Backyard Neighborhood: June 1

Twilight in my backyard is the most magical of hours.  The light is nearly luminous and the yard looks its most lovely.  Whether it’s sitting on the back deck or standing in the window to spy a bunny outside in the grass, I never tire of this view.  


The heat of summer hasn’t yet settled in to stay; the new green leaves and plants are green and lush.  The peach tree, now in it’s third summer, looks to have a few peaches for us to enjoy later this summer.  The clematis is abundant with purple flowers.


The hostas are at there most lovely.


I love the summer season in my backyard, a place that never fails to charm me and soothe my soul.  I’m looking forward to hours spent out here in the coming summer, with a glass of iced tea and a good book by my side, watching the flowers grow.


No comments: