Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer’s Blessings

So many of the things that make my summer happy are simple pleasures.  


Flower blooms on the back deck welcome me when I come downstairs each morning.


This turtle stepping stone lives in my garden and has done so for years.  It’s a reminder of happy vacations spent on Cape Cod when JT was a little boy.



The prospect of these perky lines of zinnia seedlings sending forth flowers that will make bouquets for my summer table is one of summer’s greatest joys.


There are flowers everywhere come the summer and I even enjoy my messy rose bushes.  Our school year is so busy that I sometimes have to remind myself to appreciate all the blessings in my life.  Summer’s relaxed pace finds those blessings for me and lays them right at my feet to appreciate and admire.  That’s happy!

No comments: