Monday, October 10, 2016

The Soup Season

I don’t make a lot of soup in the Summer.  For some reason, hot soup in a bowl doesn’t seem appetizing when the days themselves are steamy.  But when the weather turns cooler and the mornings are crisp, I start thinking about soup.  My favorite soup recipes are the sort that simmer and fill the house with a delicious smell.  Alas, my workdays often feature late arrivals home and the need to get supper on the table quickly.

I have some soup recipes that come together quickly.  Sometimes, I pull a soup together on the weekend, ready to be quickly warmed when we get home on weekdays.  Chicken noodle soup is always better this way.


It’s only October and early October at that……there are plenty of soup days in our future.  That’s happy!

No comments: