Saturday, November 26, 2016

Front Porch in November

Each month, I decorate the front porch to celebrate the month.  It is one of my favorite things to do and contemplating the months to come keeps me busy at craft and vintage shops, where I look around with an eye toward items for the porch.  There’s a section in my basement devoted to my collection of tablecloths, flags, and items for the porch.  Over the years, I’ve acquired enough things to have variety each year.


Come November, the jack-o-lantern tablecloth is replaced by a fall cloth.  Halloween pumpkins and mums become Thanksgiving pumpkins and mums.  


There is a flag to welcome the changing season..


And a wreath that my mom helped me make.


When we come home in the evening, the porch is welcoming and cheerful.  That’s happy!

No comments: