Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

It is my Thanksgiving tradition to be thankful for the blessings in my life.  Though I experience a daily cringe as I hear about the developing Cheetoh Kleptocrat Administration, there is plenty about which I am so very thankful.

I am thankful for T and JT, who make me laugh, love me unconditionally, put up with my quirks, and eat my cooking.



I am thankful for my family, especially my parents and my sister and her family.  These are my people, the folks who speak my particular language of sarcasm, anxiety, and impatience.  I am blessed that they are in this world.

I am thankful for friends who are at hand to laugh (and cry), to look after me, and to make my world happy in untold ways. 

I am thankful for a job that I love, with students who challenge me to ensure that the world they will inherit is a better place.  These children make me smile and remind me that there is great hope present in this world.

I am thankful for my happy home, with it’s comfy beds and cat fur, front porch, stacks of books, my garden and trees, and all the things that make my house my home.

I am thankful that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote.  This fact reminds me that there are more of us than the adherents of the Cheetoh Kleptocrat.  I have a feeling this is going to matter more and more in the coming years.  For now, it reminds me that there is a 70 million large community of Americans who care about equality, justice, the climate, and all the things that matter to the future of this nation.

It’s nice to have a long list of blessings.  May your Thanksgiving be filled with the same!


No comments: