Tuesday, January 01, 2019

January 1: Fairy Garden


Each year, I pick a spot in the garden that I will make a picture of and write about on the first of the month.  So much of the reason that I love my home is because of the yard and the garden, which provide me with beauty and imagination throughout the year.  These posts help remind me to observe the passage of time and appreciate all the seasons of my garden.  

The first of the month posts in 2019 will be the section of the yard reserved for my Fairy Garden.  Right now, things are quiet in this patch alongside the back fence next to the quiet peach tree.


The mulch is messy with leaves; the climbing clematis at the center of the spot is at rest.  I store the cottages away for the Winter and will set them up again when Spring begins to take hold.  Come late Spring, all of the Summer, and some of the Fall, the fairy houses will be a spot of magic along the fence.  For now, while the cottages and fairies are at rest, the plot has a bird feeder at one end and a bird house at the other.


It is the quiet season for the garden.  But in my mind’s eye I can see the season to come.  While the cold has its days, I will also rest.  But with my rest comes the planning for the coming season.  Soon enough, the fairies will return.



No comments: