Monday, January 21, 2019

Only Love


I find the current Trump-empowered political nightmare frustrating beyond measure and I’m long past responding to Trump’s daily stupidity by thinking that this time he’s truly crossed the line.  He has crossed the line; he does so on a daily basis.  But I have no idea where that boundary is for Mitch McConnell and the Republican party.  And until we get there, we must survive the daily horror that is Donald Trump.

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of Barack Obama’s first inauguration and as I looked at pictures from that day and remembered my own memory of that splendid moment for our nation, I felt a wave of despair.  It feels so far away.  And here I am in 2019 groping in the darkness for a step in the right direction.

Today, Martin Luther King Jr. can once more lead the way for us.  I am frustrated; I am angry; I am mad.  But those emotions will not help our nation to move forward.  As Reverend King reminds us, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” 

Only Light.

Only Love.

Holding firm to Light and Love and the powerful hope that the arc will once again bend toward justice.

No comments: