Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Back to School 2019


For the last three nights, I’ve dreamt either that I was late to the first day of school or that I got to school only to that it was the first day but I had no plans for the classes I teach.  Last night, I had both dreams.  That can only mean one thing.

My school bag was packed up last night.  This morning, I’m wearing shoes and made an extra effort by putting on mascara and eyeliner.

That can only mean one thing: school is back in session.

I’ll welcome familiar and new middle schoolers this morning.  This year’s 7th grade will get their assigned seat and their first homework assignment.  There are familiar lessons and newly designed lessons on the horizon for them; I’m excited to think and talk about history with them. Even after all these years of teaching, the first day still feels like an exciting fresh start.  That's happy!

Here we go…….

No comments: