Friday, September 13, 2019

Bulletin Board


Today marks the close of the second week of school.  It’s Friday the 13th and a full moon, so someone in charge has a sense of humor.  By the end of next week, I’ll start to secretly wonder if I’ve contracted a serious medical condition.  Then I’ll realize it’s just my annual start-of-school exhaustion.  I’ll sleep a few extra hours and come October I’ll emerge on the other side, having built up some stamina for the school year.

Right now, my office is a wreck of lost sweatshirts and pencil cases; missing books and nameless folders.  Next week, I’ll get the mess in hand.  In the meantime, I come to school each day and admire my newly designed bulletin board.  It has pictures of things and people I love, examples of craft projects, a few inspirational words, and samples from my collection of buttons and stickers.  All year long, I collect the items that will make up the next year’s bulletin board.  I put it together just before school starts and it always makes me smile.


This year is no exception and that’s very happy.


No comments: