Thursday, September 05, 2019

September Front Porch


September's front porch is a last cheer for summer’s beauty.  There is a sunflower flag because sunflowers always stand tall and cheerful as the summer comes to a close.


Most of the impatiens have grown weary of flowering but their leaves remain pretty and they cheer on the houseplants that set out here in the summer.  Soon, those plants will file inside to set in sunny windowsills near warm radiators.  But for now, they are in their glory, soaking up the last of the sunny, warm days, while my wooden village tucks around them.




I moved the ruffled pot of ivy to sit by the shefflura and the rocker.  This blue pot has been in my plant world since 1995, when I took it with me to Nebraska.  It’s crumbling apart and will likely return when it’s time for the plants to come inside.  It’s held many plants over the years and I’ll miss it when the cracks finally give way.


The front door impatiens continue to show off, issuing a happy greeting at the front door.  Whenever possible, I’ll find time to sit out here and enjoy the porch.  Cool mornings haven’t yet given way to cold days so there is still plenty of front porch sitting to be had.


This porch is a nice welcome home at the end of the day.  That’s happy!



No comments: