Monday, March 30, 2020

Remote Learning is Live

Spring Break  - the oddest Spring Break of my life - is over.  Classes resumed today and so this morning I got up, had a shower, and came downstairs to work.  Armed with a cup of coffee, I set to teaching remotely from my study.  My classroom is now in a basket.


I’d spent a part of every day for the last two weeks making plans for this kind of teaching and learning and while I started the day with some nervousness, class went well.  At our next class meeting we will practice a teleconference.  Normally, in class my hands and mind are busy with kids.  That’s also my focus in remote class, though it feels substantially different.  I’ve been teaching so long that trying these new learning muscles is an interesting phenomenon.    For a while, there will be no teaching on auto pilot.  These days, that's a good thing ----- days with a purpose beyond worrying about things that I cannot control is rather a good feeling.




No comments: