Saturday, March 21, 2020

Report from the Front: Together edition

T and I went to my school office this morning to collect my plants and bring home a few more supplies for remote learning.  In the sunlight, Spring is picking up pace and the trees and plants are clearly getting ready to pop.  It was quiet and traffic was light.  But while we were stopped at a light on the way home, we saw a pickup truck with a bumper sticker that read:

America!
F&*k Yeah!

I looked at that arrogant boast and all I could think was that we were once a nation who prided itself on helping to save the world from the Nazis.  And now, a few generations from that courage and leadership, we are awash in foolish America First ignorance.

The only way through these frightening days is together: as families, as neighborhoods, as communities, as states, as Americans, as continents, as the world.  

Together.  

No comments: