Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Gratitude Journal : Vermont

I took my last chunk of time off at the start of August.   JT and I headed north to Vermont for a few days.  It’s a place JT loves, with mountains and quiet that feeds his soul.  I’ve been a few times and always enjoyed it; it was nice for him to share his favorite place with me.  There was nothing special on our agenda - just some relaxing days in a beautiful location before the school year starts.  I spent a lot of time on the back deck of the tiny cabin we rented, soaking in the green woods and blue skies, reading, writing, and relaxing.  




JT went for runs on familiar trails and I went for walks.  



In the evening, we enjoyed a soak in a hot tub in the back yard of our Air B&B.  We spent a day noodling around Manchester and its amazing book store.  The trip and the days surrounding it are my last big patch of time off before the start of school.  The time was the culmination of one of the nicest summers I have enjoyed in a while.  It was nice to wrap it up with time together in Vermont.  


Everything about the state and its relaxed vibe is nice.
  There is beauty around every corner.  The sky is filled with magnificent light.  These are people whose magnetic poetry kit includes the word “community.”  Right there, you know you are in good hands.





No comments: