Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Children and Whores



Once, my friend EC was in the faculty lounge when another teacher told her that only children and whores could wear red shoes and get away with it. EC, who is neither a child nor a whore, was wearing red shoes at the time.

I have three pairs of red shoes and so I could sympathize with EC. Today, I took it one step further and wore glitter eyeliner to work. In my defense, it's a big day: my students have their AP test this morning and I had a guest observer in my 3rd period class. It is the type of day that begs for glitter so I went for it. My feet, not to be outdone by the eyes, are adorned with shoes that JT calls my Hawaiian shoes.

For those keeping track, it's a tasteful glitter. And the flowers on the shoes are as tasteful as flowers on shoes can be.

Sometimes a girl must cave in to the demands of her inner princess. Today is one of those days.

No comments: