Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It Boils Down to This


On a recent trip to Target, I was drawn to the cleaning supplies section. Having used up my can of Ajax, I was in the market for a new one. I'm not ashamed to say that cleaning supplies are an important part of life these days. Dreadful as it is, someone has to clean the toilet each week and that someone is me.

I tend to be of the old school when it comes to cleaning. I think that there is no substitute for a rag and some elbow grease and though I am often lured in by television ads suggesting that I can magically clean my home with just a few choice products and little effort, I try to remain skeptical.

But I caved in at Target and bought a toilet cleaner which promises to prevent stain and build-up through the use of Teflon. This is a Chlorox product and I have great faith in the restorative powers of bleach so I tossed the bottle in my cart. I plan to use the new cleaner this afternoon. I have great hopes that it will be the highlight of the day.

Though, on second thought, if it does prove the highlight of my day, I may need to get a life.

Update: I tried out the new cleaner. The toilet doesn't sparkle like diamonds or anything, but it is clean. We'll see if the Teflon delivers on its promise.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oooh, now with picture! :-) You really do reward your readers.