Tuesday, January 16, 2007

110% Trouble



Although they only number two and weigh less than 15 pounds between them, my kittens sound like a thundering herd as they fly through the hall and down the stairs at warp speed. Sometimes they jump on the ottoman in the living room and literally ride across the floor, using the momentum gained from running through the house to surf the living room. The first time I awakened in the middle of the night to hear the ottoman rolling, I lay still in my bed, trying to decide if it was a home invasion or a kitten party. I crept downstairs and turned on the light and there were Tiger and Lucy, curled up together on the chair and looking all innocent and guileless. But they'd left the ottoman pushed up against the wall.

I had discovered their secret nighttime fun.

No comments: