Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Prep School Moment

Because I don't have enough to keep me busy this week, I lost the answer key to my U.S. History midterm today. And I'm not so bright so though I wrote "U.S. History midterm key" on it and included all the answers to the test, I forgot to put my name on it. So if anyone found it, they wouldn't know whose history test it was. But neither would they know who to return it to. And could I take the chance that my test was safe? What exactly would I do if the entire class made 100%. My tiny brain was overwhelmed. As I was frantically looking around my classroom and trying to figure out when I would find the time to write a new test, a student rescued me.

"Ms. M," she said, "I found this in the hall and I recognized your handwriting. I think you'll want it."

Doing the right thing and being kind about it. I love my job.

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

I love these kids! OK, well, most of the time anyway.