Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Shopping with Sassafras Grandma

I have long maintained that my mother has an impressive innate sense of where a bargain can be found. That sense brings her right to the sales rack with amazing deals. It's like she has a tracking device for these things. Numerous times I have been with her as she locates the single perfect item in the right size and perfect color, conveniently marked down from $110 and now priced at $9.99 (and then 30% off of that). She came to New Jersey this holiday season and put her radar shopping skills to work on my behalf. Yesterday, she found me a skirt marked down from $110 to $28. The day before it was the $50 sweater marked down to $9.99. And today, Mom delivered by finding the 70% off sale at one of my favorite stores.

That $89 jacket that I had been visiting for the last few months? $23.98 today, with the magical shopping mom in tow.

So now I have some new clothes to go with my new life in the new year.

And they were all of them at low, low prices.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

Very, very impressive. Especially for those among us who consider shopping a competitive sport. Your mom sounds world class!